Danforth Collegiate and Technical Institute is proud to announce that we will again be running a local summer school program run by DCTI staff for the direct benefit of DCTI students.
This year’s program will include:
- A non-credit literacy and numeracy program for grade 8 students entering grade 9 in September 2017.
- A credit recovery program for students who have been unsuccessful in a grade 9 or 10 compulsory course.
- A dual credit program for students 16 years of age and older offered in conjunction with George Brown College that will allow students to get a taste of college life. Students will earn a GWL3O credit along with an Introduction to Psychology course taught by a GBC Instructor.
The entire program will run out of the George Brown College campus at 200 King St. East.
Transportation will be provided to and from GBC King St. location.
- Students in the Literacy/Numeracy program, and credit recovery will be bussed from Danforth CTI at 800 Greenwood Ave direct to the location at the start of the day, and returned at the end of the day.
- Students in the Dual Credit program will receive TTC metropasses to allow them to develop the independent skills required for success at the college level.
Students will receive breakfast & lunch while attending the program.
There is no cost to students or their families for this program.
Applications must be received either electronically or in guidance by June 19, 2017.
You can complete an online application here: http://bit.ly/DCTILSSForm, or submit a paper application in guidance.
Printed resources available in our guidance department are also available for download and viewing here: