Announcements for Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Mental Health Week Announcement

Mental health means striking a balance in all aspects of your life:  social, physical, spiritual, economic and mental.  Reaching a balance is a learning process.  At times, you may tip the balance too much in one direction and have to find your footing again.  One way you can regain balance is to share humour.  Life often gets too serious, so when you hear or see something that make you smile or laugh, share it with someone you know.  A little humour can go a long way to keeping us mentally fit!  Tomorrow the field will be open at lunch so please come on out to have some fun and learn some de-stressing techniques with the Champions of the Mind.  T. Maestri

The DD Program and Best Buddies would like to help you celebrate Mother’s Day!  Come by on Friday at lunch to select a beautiful plant or warm mom’s heart with a sweet hot chocolate gift!  Show mom how much she means with a gift from the heart!  H. Heayn

To all graduates!!  Please see Guidance to RSVP for the Grad Breakfast.  Tomorrow will be the last day to do so.  copies of the invite are available in  Guidance.  T. Maestri

There is a Grils’ Soccer practice today after school.  Change and meet on the field.  T. Niven

A reminder to everyone that it is just over a week until Danforth’s Mainstage Extravaganza – Neil Simon’s hilarious comedy “The Odd Couple”.  Tickets for next Wednesday and Friday shows are on sale at luncyh.  They are only $3.00 for students, so come out and support your school and your fellow students.              P. McAlpine

Announcements for Monday, May 2, 2016

This week is Mental Health Awareness Week!  It is estimated that about 1 in 5 Ontario children under the age of 19 suffers from a mental, emotional or behavioural disorder which is severe enough to seriously effect their daily functioning at home, school, or within their community.  Everyone in Ontario is effected by mental illness.  20% are directly effected by mental illness during their lifetime, while the remaining 80% are indirectly effected through family, friends and colleagues.  Mental health is important to us all and this week we will be learning more about mental health and the strategies to keep you well.  Today at lunch in Room A19, learn strategies to increase concentration, caring and calmness.  On Wednesday at lunch, the Champions of the Mind will be out on the field demonstrating some de-stressing techniques.  The field will be open for play on Wednesday at lunch.  And ending on Friday, we will have our annual walk around the track in support of mental health.  Have a great week everyone.  T. Maestri

This week is the final week for Prom ticket sales.  Tickets are $95 and can be purchased in the front foyer.  L. Mnyusiwalla

On Tuesday, May 3rd, come on down to the main foyer for some drinks and snacks.  Also, don’t forget to sign up for Toronto Intergenerational Partnerships (TIGP).  We are a volunteer organization that works to mix the generations together.  B. Hill

Please join Ms. Filice in the Dance Studio, Room A19 for meditation and relaxation.  We start at noon and all are welcome!  A. Filice

Do you want to follow in the foot steps of Justin, Barack or even Donald and Hillary?  Then get your start by running for Student Council.  An information session will be held on Friday, May 6th in Room C03 immediately after school at 3:00 p.m.  P. Weight

Girls’ Soccer team!!  There will be a meeting today at the beginning of lunch outside of Room Y02, the Phys Ed Office.  Staff, please dismiss students on the team today at 1:00 p.m.  M. Hanoun

The Girls’ Slo-pitch team are reminded of their double-header today and must meet in the main foyer by 12:15 p.m.  A. Ravera